6.29.2009

Review Time! Lanvin Men Spring 2010 RTW

Ok. Lanvin, as some people know, is one of my absolute top three labels in women's clothing. To me, it just doesn't get much better. So for men's wear, it's no surprise that I felt that love flow equally thru my veins when I seen Alber t Elbaz's new showing. The collection is incredibly street smart; its pieces can be worn during day , yet with the right accessory- in this case, a pocket square or plaid tie, can be ushered into evening with the snap of a button or two. Even though the collection was a bit fem for men's wear, especially the high waisted pleated silk-yes, silk- pants, it still proved to be a fantastical (in the words of Lady Gaga), innovative, loose feeling fashion forward line of apparel. The only big thing I wasn't particularly a fan of was the over usage of silk-drawn sun visors. I didn't like them when Vuitton done them several years back, and I don't like them now. After all, why would anyone want to hide their face when they're wearing such fantastic clothes?

No comments:

Post a Comment