3.12.2009

Herme's RTW Fall 2009


As soon as I saw Raquel Zimmerman be the first to walk out on the runway, decked in tight black pants and an alligator bomber jacket, I knew this was going to be a great collection-and I was right. This is by far my fav show from the brand that is known more for their extremely pricey Birkin bags than for any clothes they make. But I must say, I truly did love the collection, which had a very clear theme of glamazon aviation princess. From the head wear and goggles to the rich and bold blacks and browns on everything from bombers and trenches to thigh high boots and gladiator stilettos, the theme ran clear. Luxe furs and gorgeous prints for evening and night wear all made up the collection of classic luxury at its best. I loved the great knitwear and the excessive layering through out; and I also found the men's wear suits to be a surprisingly nice touch. A collection of rich and supple pieces for the woman on the go- great job Gaultier. And any show that has a model walk out smoking a cigarette- both risky and stylish, is all right by me.

No comments:

Post a Comment