3.07.2009

MOS Goes LA!


After 2 days venturing in San Diego, it was time today to move onward to Los Angeles. The style here is incredibly urban, in both clothing and lifestyles. It's nothing to see mohawked, tattooed band members in Chuck Taylor's and plaid driving a Mercedes Benz or a Porsche Boxter. It seems the true bookmark of LA style is that of cross-cultural ingredients, mixing both high and low. A Fendi cocktail paired with vintage motorcycle boots is just the norm here. I can't help but to stare at both men and women as they pass by on the streets I roamed today, including Sunset and Hollywood Blvd, in awe of their impeccably yet unambitiously styled ensembles that they so effortlessly pull off. I checked out a great vintage shop that featured everything from 60's Look magazines and Egyptian tapestries, to Moschino button downs and Yves Saint Laurent tops. Vintage shift and cocktails were all the rage in the night hours on the strip, usually paired with a low-hung purse and a mixed beverage. Tomorrow it's off to Rodeo to check out the fashion center of the West, visiting houses such as Chanel, Fendi, Dior, Gucci and more. And I'll be visiting Style Boulevard-the legendary row of designers that are inducted annually (the Hollywood Blvd. of Fashion, per se). Now all I need is one of those iconic tee's that Lindsay Lohan sported a couple of years ago paired with black leggings, that spell out "I Heart La", because now that I've seen the land- I too love this city of angels.

No comments:

Post a Comment